April 17, 2011

Sour Cream Container Tutorial


Hoppy Easter! I have a fun and cheap way to make cute containers to hold candy in for your Easter basket. These containers can be used for any holiday or occasion. Just change out the paper. 

Sour Cream Containers
*Paper of your choice cut 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 in.
*Sticky Strip 
*Crimper 
*Ribbon of Choice
*Embellishments of Choice

1. Apply Sticky Strip like shown on the reverse side of your patterned paper. 

2. Remove the back of the sticky strip on the two long ends and roll the paper into a tube. 


3. Close the end of the tube with the exposed Sticky Strip and fill with candy or goodie of choice.



4. Peel off the back of the remaining Sticky Strip and press together. Then run the end through a crimper slowly until two or three lines form and decorate to your liking. 


That's it! 

I hope you enjoyed the tutorial and would love to see what you created! 

(The Easter basket was created using my Cricut Machine)










8 comments:

  1. Super cute! We would ♥ for you to link this up :)

    :)Lolly Jane
    lollyjaneboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made these for heaps of occassions - they look great and are so easy to do! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abby - These are super cute! I have featured these today. Thanks so much for stopping by and linking up to the Sunday Showcase - I greatly appreciate it. Hope you have a wonderful holiday! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple,easy and I have plenty of these containers! I hope you will link this to Workshop Wednesday @ goobyecityhellosuburbs

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! What a fun little container. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found you at the creation corner linky party.
    Love your Easter treat boxes!! They turned out really cute!
    I've made something very similar this week. Only, I sewed the ends together with a sewing machine, instead of taping and crimping.
    Creative minds think alike! :)
    xoxo,
    Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found you thru another link from another blog but lost my way back. What an adorable project, so glad I happened on the links to get here. Think I'll be using this idea many times. This is so darned cute. Happy Easter to you and yours. I don't have small children/grandkids to make them for anymore but I like to make things anyway.
    Oh yeah I think I got the link to Circusberry then to you for the how to make the containers. Think another link was tidbitsofabby.blogspot.com. It's late and maybe I should go to bed instead of trying to find my way back. Hope your day is wonderful wherever you are.

    ReplyDelete