January 28, 2009

Snow, Snow, Snow...

"The weather outside is frightful but the fire is so delightful" what a perfect tune to describe the weather today. Over night and through the day Ohio has been getting slammed with snow and ice. We have about 7 inches of snow plus ice here in Columbus Ohio and freezing cold. I was excited to hear last night that school would be canceled for today because of the weather. I woke up about 7:10 a.m. this morning to find the power was out. I begin to get frustrated because I knew the day would be very cold and I had some things planned to get done on my snow day. I went back to bed and woke up at about 10:00 a.m. to find the power still out and myself freezing cold. The temperature in the house read 58 F , that is craziness. 58 in my house!! Luckily at about 11:30 a.m. the power finally came back on and the house started to heat up. Although the power was on we were without cable or internet until about 45 minutes ago. I used the day to clean and get some scrapbooking done. So all in all it was a pretty productive day. Now I can check my e`mail, read my favorite blogs, and stay warm the rest of the night. Oh, this just in... School is canceled tomorrow too!!! Yay for another snow day :)

I took this picture from my front porch about 1:00 p.m. The truck was having a hard time plowing the snow off our neighborhood road.

No comments:

Post a Comment