February 7, 2009

It's Been Over a Week?

It looks like I've let a week or more slip by since I've last posted. I guess you could say I've been busy with teaching and some fun activities. Last week on Friday we celebrated a friends birthday at one of my favorite places and a new spot that just made my favorite list. We started the evening at Shadowbox Cabaret. It is a sketch comedy show that also has a house band. You sit at tables and the wait staff is also the peformers of the show. It is an awesome time and amazingliy funny. A few times I though I might have to run to the bathroom because I was laughing so hard. I highly recommend heading out and watching their new show. You won't be dissapointed. The next stop on our evening of birthday celebration was The Big Band Dueling Piano Bar. The bar is a quant little place that has two full service bars and a little cart stocked full of ice cold beer. There are also ample amounts of girls walking around with quite the assortment of shots. That is just the beveragees this place has, the main event is the two pianos and a drum set with a group of musicaians who rotate through to play music. When I say music I mean any song you can think of these people know. It was a blast to be in this bar with hundreds of strangers and friends belting at the top of our lungs the awesome music they were playing. They are very funny musicans with silly songs and antics here in there. Oh and did I mention that some of the bar tenders will run up on stage, dance, and even rock out a song as well. Friday was a great evening and a late one. I can't remember the last time we have been out that late but it was well worth it!
Over the week I've been busy with teaching and lesson planning. This has been the first full week of school in a while and it took a little getting use to. With the holidays and snow days we have had short weeks for a while now. This weekend I'm going to take it easy with my husband, do some card making, and clean the house. It is always nice to have a weekend once in a while were you stay in.

No comments:

Post a Comment