May 15, 2009

Mean Mrs. Hallstrom

Today, oh today, what a day. You can always tell when the weather is warm outside and the school year is coming to an end. My kids are out of control and I feel like I'm trying to tame a classroom full of monkeys. All week long it's been sit down, stop talking, be nice, make good choices, and keep hands to yourself. I feel like I'm a broken record and it probably would be easier to record these few phrases and just press play when needed. I have an incentive jar in my room were by making good choices and turning homework and things in they earn marbles to place in the jar. They have plenty of opportunities to earn their marbles. When the jar is filled they get an ice cream sundae party. The jar was almost filled and today it got dumped. I warned them until I was blue in the face that they needed to listen and calm down or the jar would get dumped. Well, needless to say, they didn't listen and I dumped the jar. The looks on their faces was priceless and hopefully they will now take me seriously and listen. I was mean Mrs. Hallstrom today and I hope I don't have to bring her back to school with me.
I spent the rest of the day mulching the front of the house, reading the new People magazine, and then took a shower. I'm getting ready to make a frozen strawberry spumonte drink and watch Greys from last night. I hear that I need some Kleenex because it's a real tear jerker. I love that show and can't wait to see what next session might bring. Chris and I have a quiet weekend planned with nothing to fancy but relaxing and getting some things done around the house. Sunday we are going to go to the Funny Bone to see J. Medicine Hat with a group of friends. I love that guy and laugh so hard I almost pee my pants every time I go. It's good that Chris and I can get a good laugh to help keep our mind off of things. And, yes, we are still waiting to hear from the doctors on how the test went last Friday and the results from his heart monitor. Hopefully Monday we will find out. Until then I'm not going to worry about it and am going to sit back, sleep in, and enjoy the weekend ahead.

1 comment:

  1. You are definitely not mean Mrs. Hallstrom. I'm glad you dumped the jar, it probably taught them a lesson. It was good to see you at funny bone. Sorry we didn't get to chat more. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you and Chris in the mean time! :)

    ReplyDelete