June 14, 2009

Officially Summer Vacation

I'm officially on summer vacation for the next two months. I think the last time I have had a summer off and not had to work was my summer before I was allowed to work. So it's been almost 10 years. That is a ridiculous amount of time and then again when you think about it the time went crazy fast. I don't have to much planned this summer except preparing for Chris' surgery and then getting him back to feeling 100% afterwards. We are going to take a few day trips here and there. Chris is on vacation this week so I convinced him to take me to the zoo. I didn't get the chance to see much of the zoo when I went with my kids for a field trip. I had a sick child and had to stay with her in the office for the duration of the trip. I'm looking forward to seeing the baby elephant and the other animals. We are also planning a trip to Frankenmuth MI. with my best friend. I've never been in the summer so it's going to be different. Frankenmuth is a Germain/ Christmas town. They have the worlds largest Christmas store and tons of cute shops. I love Christmas, so why not celebrate it in July to? Other then these little trips we are going to stay in cbus and hang out at the pool and maybe try to go to a few more Clippers games. I'm looking forward to the summer and gearing myself up for the big event that will be taking place July 17. Until then, it's relaxation and vacationing. I'm kicking off my first trip of the summer tomorrow with my mom. We are going on a Longaburger trip with some relatives. We board a charter bus that transports us to the homestead and the factory. On the bus we play games and win Longaburger prizes. It should be fun and I'm looking forward to it.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for summer! Let me know if you want to have a puppy play date sometime!

    ReplyDelete