August 26, 2009

Back to School

So it's been ten day since my last posting. I think this is the longest I've gone. I have good reason for it. I've been running around like a mad women preparing for my new group of kiddos to arrive in my kindergarten class. It would be nice if teachers also got paid by the hour for each hour we spent setting up and preparing for our classrooms, because I definitely clocked more then 30 hours in prep time this year. But, it comes with being a teacher. All of the preparation went well and I have to say that I love the layout of my classroom this year and the way I decorated it. It made the room feel bigger and has a more open and homier vibe to it. It all went well and I am eager to announce that today was the first day of school and it was a spectacular day. I was so impressed with the behaviour of my class and that they all know how to write and recognize their names. This is a huge deal for anyone who teaches kindergarten! I also only had 17 show up instead of the whole 24 that were on my roster. 17 is a great class size and I'm hoping it stays that way. I enjoyed getting to the know the kids and can't wait to fully see their personalities and all their little quirks. Kindergartners are so darn cute and when well behaved they are great to be around. I'm looking forward to a great year ahead and am hoping that they continue to progress positively from here on out. I've took some pictures of my classroom and will post them in the next couple of days. It's back to school again and Mrs. Hallstrom is hopeful for wonderful things to happen this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment