August 16, 2009

Last Day of Summer Break

Well it has arrived, the last day of summer break. Tomorrow kicks off the school year with staff meetings all week and preparing our rooms before the kiddos arrival on the 26th. In some ways I'm looking forward to going back to school and doing what I love, teaching. I'm on the other hand bummed about not being able to sleep in and spending the day with Chris and Sloopy. Chris will be going back to work on Thursday as well, which ends his short term disability. Thursday will also be the one month mark from his surgery and it's amazing in this short amount of time after major surgery he is going back to work. On this last day of summer break I decided to take it easy and enjoy the day with Chris. I've also made some chili and it is simmering on the stove most of the day until dinner. I realize that it is almost 90 degrees outside, but being in the air condition and craving home made chili, I thought why not. So here's to the last day of break, although it was a hard summer at times I've enjoyed the break and the little trips and activities we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment