August 10, 2009

In a Nut Shell

So it's been a little busy around here since my last posting. I was thinking that I should write on my blog because it's been a while the other day and now realized it's been nine days. I think that's the longest I've gone in a long time without posting. So if any of you read this, I'm sorry for the delay. I've been getting ready for back to school which will be starting in about two weeks. I report the 17th for staff orientation and setting up my room. The children don't arrive until the 26th. I'm really looking forward amazingly to school starting and to meeting the new kids. I have a much larger class this year so we shall see how well this goes. I've gained more students but I've not gained more space in my room. It's going to take some clever furniture placement which has me stumped right now. I went into my classroom today to start moving some things around and got so frustrated with all the furniture that I decided to call it quits and come back tomorrow. I think it's better to walk away from that and rethink it then continuing to get frustrated and even pissed. Going into school today made me think how quickly summer is coming to an end and how fast it has actually gone. I'm ready for fall and for the next events that come my way. So that's what I was up to today and in a nut shell here is what I've been doing this past week.

Chris and I went to Goodwill to do some thrifting for items for my classroom. I've found some great things there from books, to furniture, and even items for science. As we were perusing the aisles Chris came across a sweet new pair of shoes. I had to have him model them for me because they were so lovely. They are made out 100% genuine wood. It was really funny and we started to laugh so hard as he was clanking around that I thought I was going to have an accident.

Chris and I also ventured to the Ohio State Fair with some friends. I was kind of nervous going because I knew it was going to be a very hot day and it would be a lot of walking for Chris. He did really well and the heat didn't seem to bother us much. Our friends toddler came to so it was nice that he could push the stroller around if he needed something to hang on to. While we were at the fair we grabbed some food on a stick and I had to have a turkey leg. I've always loved turkey legs since I first had one at Disney World. The fairs aren't as good as Disney's but it was a close second. After some lunch I decided to play a water balloon game with our friend's niece. We each stood under these towers that had a sling shot where you launch water balloons across to the other person to break on them. I think I got more wet then she did but I didn't mind with the heat. It actually was a lot harder then I thought it was going to be. The fair was a nice trip with good food, good friends, and we even got some sun.

We capped off the week by heading to Sidney to visit my parents before they headed up to Wisconsin for a week to visit my brother and an impromptu dinner at the Cheesecake Factory with the in-laws. It's been nice spending the time with family and friends and with school fast approaching and getting things ready it's going to continue to stay busy for a while, and I like it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment