August 1, 2009

Low Key Sorts of Day

It's been a low key of sorts day these past couple of days and I'm enjoying it. It's nice to get back into the routine of things and to go back to your normal life. It's been crazy these past couple of weeks and with Chris now home and recovering the craziness is starting to subside. I'm starting to get into school mode again and with only a couple of weeks left of summer it's a good thing. I went shopping today for some items for my classroom and found some awesome bargains. I love getting new things for my room and planning how I want to set them all up. I love teaching and am actually looking forward to the new crew of kids I'll be teaching this upcoming school year. I just hope they are a little bit calmer then some of the kiddos I had last year. Besides shopping for my classroom I also stopped at the farmers market close to my house to see what kind of goodies they had. This was the first stop this year and am hoping to go a few more times before the season is over. One of the vendors was selling these beautiful and huge sunflowers. I use to love these when I was little and even had my bedroom decorated in a sunflower theme through junior high. I just had to pick up a couple to brighten up our kitchen. I'm glad that I did. Aren't they gorgeous?




I hope to get some more the next time I go. They also get me in the mood for fall which is one of my favorite seasons of the year. I also had some time this past week to get Sloopy groomed. He was getting rather fluffy and in need of a trim. He always looks so cute and young after his cut and I couldn't resist snapping a picture. When he pants it also looks like he is smiling. Secretly I think he is and I'm sure he was happy to loose some of that extra fur he had.



Tomorrow I'm going to take it easy and start working on more school stuff. Getting things prepared for the upcoming school year is a long process but for me it's also in a crazy way relaxing. I like planning and getting creative. Here's hoping I get a lot done tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. the flowers contrast very nicely with your walls! I love sunflowers. I can't wait to decorate my new place :)

    ReplyDelete