October 7, 2009

Germies..

Can I just say that I love teaching and I love being a teacher. However, I do not love getting sick and constant exposure to all kinds of germies my kids bring into the room. Over the years I've had everything under the sun in terms of sickness and it's always a guessing game of what I'm going to get next and when I'm going to get it. This time it's been a nasty chest cold accompanied with aches and topped off with a fever. I've had several students out this past week so it was only inevitable that I would catch it next, and I did. Luckily after sleeping in until 12:20 today, taking a hot shower, staying in my pajamas, and not leaving the heating blanket, I feel much better. I also enjoyed watching Elf today. I do realize that it is not Christmas yet, but anybody who knows me knows I am rather obsessed with Christmas and could celebrate or watch Christmas movies all year long. It's always nice to watch a fun, cheery movie when you feel ill. Elf makes me laugh no matter how many times I watch it and I love me a festive holiday movie. My temperature has broken and I'm feeling a little better. I will be heading back to work tomorrow and continue to obsessively disinfect my classroom again. I go through a bottle of hand sanitizer a week with my kids and a container of Clorox wipes with all the disinfecting and cleaning we do. Lets hope that no more sickness enters my room!

No comments:

Post a Comment