December 13, 2009

Busy Busy

These past couple of weeks have been busy busy. Two other teachers and myself directed and created the costumes and props for our school's production of The Nutcracker. They took the ballet, added words, and made it into a kids version to be perormed by elementary students. The kids did a fantastic job and all the hard work, numerous hours of decorating and prop making, and helping the kids memorize lines payed off for a great show. Everyone was impressed and enjoyed the show. The musical is what has been taking up most of my free time when I'm not teaching. I'm glad that it is over and we have a month off until we have to gear up for the spring show. As a reward for the students we went on Friday to see the Nutrcracker ballet downtown and then had lunch at Spaghetti Wharehouse. It was a great day and a fantastic way to end a busy week.
Besides the play I have manged to squeeze in some holiday activities. Chris and I spent last Sunday making and decorating Christmas cookies. This is my grandmother's recipie and I always think of her when I make them. The decorating was fun and we had some rather festive and colorful cookies.


This weekend my parents came into town to relax and watch some Christmas movies and to fix our lights. The windstorm blew off most of the top row of lights around our roof and one of the ties that holds the wreath down. Dad managed to put it back up and back to new. After we watched Surviving Christmas and made homemade pizzas we got in the car and headed to Picktown Lights. If you haven't been there you need to go. It is a neighborhood of 21 houses that are all lit up and synchronize their light displays to music. You tune your radio station to a specific station to hear the music and drive through to watch the lights on all the houses dance to the music.

It's spectacular to see and the street is always super busy with cars. They ask that you give a canned food donation for an area food bank. So if you are looking for a cheap holiday activity to do, go check out the light show. I know I want to go back and see it again.
The weekend is almost coming to an end and the week ahead is going to be a busy one again. However, it's the last week before Christmas break. I can't wait for the glorious two weeks off and spending time with family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment