December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

The day that we have all been waiting so eagerly for has come. Christmas day is such a magical day that makes anybody feel like a kid again and spending time with family makes it even that much more special. I've had a fantastic Christmas this year and it is hard to believe that it is coming to a close. It is always nice to be with my family and with my brother living in Wisconsin we don't get to see him that often. We always celebrate Christmas eve by having my dad's brother and his wife over for dinner and Jones Family poker. Poker with the family is always entertaining and I love that the dealer gets to choose what type of game they want to play and how many cards they want to be wild. We play for hours and reminisce of Christmas' past and the present. After our poker playing my aunt and uncle head home and then my family heads to church for midnight mass. This has been a long standing tradition with my parents and I can remember being a young child and falling asleep on the church pew in the late night of the mass. The mass is beautiful and enjoyable. After mass we head home and go to bed so "Santa" can come put the presents under our tree. I always set my alarm for 7:00 am and wake everybody up to open presents. This early hour has always been a long standing tradition with me and I have no idea when it started. Anybody who knows me knows I love to sleep in and are always shocked to hear the 7:00 am wake-up call on Christmas day. After our present opening and cups of coffee with a cookie for a pre-breakfast we play with the new things that we got and then mom heads up to make brunch while the rest of us always seems to take a nap. The brunch is the same every year on Christmas day. It consists of a very tasty egg, ham, potatoes, and cheese casserole and toast. It is super yummy and a once a year treat. When brunch is over the family heads back downstairs to watch movies all day while Chris and I pack up and head back to Columbus to celebrate Christmas with his family. We always open presents as soon as his dad gets home from work and take turns watching to see what each other got. After everyone and the dogs open their gifts we have dinner and then hang out and digest. Chris and I usually head home not to much later to unpack everything and spend some time celebrating Christmas at our home with Sloopy. It is a very busy two days but I wouldn't have it any other way and I love the traditions and togetherness of family at Christmas time. It is the most wonderful time of the year and I am always sad to see it go. So here's to a pretty good 2009 and hoping that 2010 brings wonderful things and healthy family and friends.

I'm sorry the picture is a little blurry. This is a sweet snuggie I got from my brother. It has A Christmas Story scenes all over it! Super cool. We got him an X-box game and a jug of Arnold Palmer. His favorite drink. It only comes in cans in WI so we thought it would be funny to get him a jug for Christmas. Humor must have been the theme for this years present to each
other.

No comments:

Post a Comment