January 7, 2010

This Year's Classroom

I thought I'd post some pictures of my classroom set up this year. It isn't a very big room and with 20 kindergartners you need tons of space. So I have to make do with what I got. I like the set up this year and I finally figured out how to arrange it to maximize the space and still feel cozy.
This is a picture of the whole room. As you can see it's not that big.

So I divide it up into areas.

This is the cubbie area. The kids hang their coats and bookbags here. The milk jugs on top are going to be used to build an igloo in our classroom for the children to sit under in the reading corner.


The reading corner and my desk

This is where we have circle time and morning calendar. The sweet house use to be an M&M Christmas display that Chris brought home from work. The class loves to sit under it and read their books during center time.

The last two images are the students tables and the back wall. I also took a picture of my favorite tool in the classroom which is my projector. It's hooked up to the computer so if I want to show a movie or do a writing project I can show what's on my computer on the board. I love it and use it every day.


So as you can see there isn't much room but we make it work and the kids don't seem to mind. It's a cozy, homey place to be at during the day for learning. I like it and am hoping that next year I have a bigger room.
As a small side note, this is my 100th post of the blog. I can't believe I've written that much and it's funny that it's about my classroom which reflects one of my passions in life, teaching. I find it fitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment