February 23, 2010

A lot on the Mind

I thought I would use this post to talk about some personal things that have been happening in my life right now. Sometimes it is hard for me to open up and talk about what is on my mind or to discuss major things. I figured that to write it out would help and to just get things off my chest would be beneficial too. The first big thing that is taking place and in need of prayers is my grandpa Danzig. He is my mom's dad and the only remaining grandparent that I have. I have always looked up to him and have always imagined him meeting my child. This sadly is not going to happen. My grandpa has been ill for a long time with heart problems and we were told today that he won't be with us much longer. He is at home and is surrounded by family and kept comfortable through morphine. He has lived a long healthy life and has seen many wonderful things and has always been a kind, caring, and amazing man. I was able to go this past weekend to visit him and it was nice to have a little chat about ordinary things and to get to see him maybe for the last time. We are going back home on Friday to visit again and to see all the family members who have flown in to be with him as well. Even though this is a sad time I'm grateful for the togetherness of our extended family and the ability to see everyone and to reflect on his wonderful life and to be with him the last days he is here with us.
The other personal matter that has been weighing heavy on my shoulders is trying to get pregnant. Chris and I have been trying for a year and half now and we are now starting to go through the process of getting everything looked at to see if there is a main reason as to why we are not getting pregnant or if maybe we are just not hitting that one lucky day each month. I went for an exam this week and have some blood work coming up and other testing. We go in April to discuss with the OBGYN what she has found and what the outcomes are going to be. There has been a lot of praying taking place and I would give anything to become a mommy. I wish and hope and pray that everything comes out normal from the tests and we can form a plan to conceive a child. Please keep Chris and I in your prayers through all of this and if it's not to much to ask my grandpa to. It is going to be a long week and month ahead. I hope I remain strong and positive through it all. I'm thankful that I have family and friends to help me through all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment