July 11, 2010

Hodgepodge

I had to title this post hodgepodge because of various things that have been going on, and because I've been absent from posting for a while. 
A week ago we kicked off the 4th of July festivities with our annual trip downtown to Red, White, and Boom. This is always a day we look forward to and I feel it is the true kick off to the holiday. Our friends scored another sweet spot again this year and we had an amazing view of the best fireworks show around. With this being the 30th anniversary of Red, White, and Boom the show was the top of the line, no holds barred, and by far the best one we've seen in all the years we have gone. I think I was even temporarily blind from the crazy brightness of the finale of the show. A little loss of vision at the end was well worth it. As in years past my parents came along and I was glad to have my brother and his girlfriend there, too. He lives in another state so I don't get to see him very often. I thought since it had been a while, that this would be the perfect time to get a picture of the two of us. Now, anyone that knows my brother, knows he is really goofy and getting him to take a "normal" picture is next to impossible at times. Hence the before picture. However, I did manage him to take a good picture stating that this was going to go on our fireplace mantle and unless he wanted everyone who comes to our house see him look goofy, then he better smile nice. I'm happy to say, it worked.


We spent the rest of the holiday weekend going to cookouts and having some family time while drinking at some bars. I of course carted them all around. The family has all gone back home and Chris and I have been busy with work and organizing the house. 
Summer school has started up and I've enjoyed getting to know the incoming kindergartners for this school year. I've spent a day organizing the pantry and the kitchen in preparation for Peanut and the next room to tackle is the nursery. I've definitely started to get into the nesting stage of pregnancy. I want everything cleaned and organized. Better do it now rather then when I'm 8 months pregnant and can barely move. 
Peanut is now the size of an avocado and tomorrow I go for blood-work and a check-up. In four weeks we finally get to see if our little bundle of joy is a boy or a girl and I can't wait to then start buying things for the nursery. It's crazy to think we are almost half way there already and, before we know it, Peanut will be here with us. I can't wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment