November 9, 2010

Baby Shower #1

This past weekend was a busy and fun filled weekend. We headed back home to my parents place to have our first baby shower for Logan. My aunt and mom graciously hosted a beautiful shower for me and it felt like Christmas with all of the wonderful gifts Logan received. I couldn't believe all of the amazing gifts we got and I felt so loved and honored by the presence and generosity of family and friends who attended. Logan will be one well dressed little man and have plenty of gadgets and gizmo's to keep him healthy and entertained. You don't realize how many things a new baby needs or all of the endless options and items out there for your baby. It sure has been an eye opening experience and to think that this was the first of three showers! I can only imagine what his closet will look like after the next two showers are done and I'm glad we will have plenty of items to keep him happy and healthy.
Besides the wonderful gifts and amazing food, my mom had some great games to keep everyone entertained. We played a trivia game where she asked me questions about what eye color we wanted Logan to have, what I've been craving, when my due date is and things like that. The guests then answered the questions on what they thought I choose. My favorite game of the day was the baby diaper game. My mom melted candy bars in diapers and we had to guess what it was by smelling or even tasting what was in the diaper. It was hilarious watching everybody either enjoy the game or seem a little grossed out because of the resemblance of "we all know what" in the diaper. I was laughing so hard I started to tear up. The day was amazing and I enjoyed every minute of it. From my favorite funfetti cupcakes, to the food, to the games, to the presents, it was a day I will never forget. I am grateful for my mom and aunt for hosting such a wonderful shower and for everyone who came. I will never forget this shower and am looking forward to what the next two showers will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment