July 5, 2008

4th of July Festivities

4th of July is such an awesome summer holiday and I am glad we were able to celebrate it for three days. The fun started on the 3rd with Red, White, and Boom! I was not looking forward to it at first because it was such a rainy and gloomy day. At about 5:00 p.m. we loaded up the car and headed downtown. Chris had passes for the sponsor tent, so we were able to have free food and alcohol. We waited there for a while and then my parents and brother came to join us. Dad enjoyed the free beer and had a good time with the beer. We stayed there for a little while longer and then went down to the river and met up with Shawn and the rest of the gang to watch the fireworks. Shawn was able to nab a sweet spot for all of us to sit at. It was right in front of the area where they set the fireworks off and right on the river. The fireworks were awesome and the music was great that went along with it. After the fireworks we packed up and waited in a traffic jam a little bit before we finally were able to make it home. 

On the 4th we woke up early to go to the Whitehall parade. I had a hard time waking up because of the stupid rain again. Chris bribed me with getting starbucks and off we went. We arrived at the parade and it stared to rain again. Umbrella and Sloopy in hand we sat down and enjoyed a good small town parade with Chris' mom and other family friends. After the parade we headed  home to meet my parents for lunch. We all went to Max and Erma's to enjoy a nice lunch. I rode home with my mom and dad while Chris went over to his mom and dad's to help them set up for a cookout for later in the day. We got back to my house and I realized that none of us had keys. So, we turned around and headed over to the in-laws to pick up a key. When we turned into our subdivision we noticed this strange white bird walking down the street. When we got a closer look we discovered it was a wild turkey walking down our street! This is not something you see everyday in Blacklick, Ohio! After some relaxing we all piled in the car and headed over to the in-laws' house for a cookout. Chris and I rocked out the cornhole game. It was fun.

Today on the 5th we had our BBC party. I was really excited to see everybody again and to get together for a party. I was happy that all the girls showed up and we were able to all hang out. It has been a long time since I've seen all of them and it was so nice to be together again. I miss being able to easily  hang out with them and I wish I was able to talk more to them and socialize. That is the hard part when you are playing hostess--trying to socialize with everyone. During the party there was a stray dog that showed up. She was an older dog and really friendly. Chris called the animal shelter to pick her up to see if her owners were looking for her. Jarrod and Holly said that if she is not claimed in a couple of days they are going to go get her. I felt bad for the dog but we wanted to make sure her owners found her. After some more drinking, cornhole, and socializing the party was over and everyone headed home. I had a great time seeing everybody and enjoying the festivities over the past three days. It is such a fun time of the year and a great time to be with friends and family.

Pictures From the Three Day Celebration

No comments:

Post a Comment