October 4, 2008

Longest 35 Hours of My Life!

On Friday morning at 5.20 a.m. my alarm went off and it was time to get up. I got dressed and headed to school to pick up some other teachers and we headed up to Cleveland. Our school was attending a conference in Cleveland from Friday to Saturday at the Crown Plaza. I was excited to go and meet teachers from other schools as well as learn some new techniques for the classroom. Plus, a fancy hotel is always a nice place to be and stay. Right? Wrong!
Yes, the hotel was nice and it was neat to meet some of the other teachers but the conference was the biggest waste of time! I listened for almost three hours to a guy who talked about how he had it tough growing up and now he is basically fabulous and overcame all of these hardships. After him was another guy for almost two hours who again had the story of how he had a tough life and overcame all of these hardships, attended Harvard, and now is having a great life. All weekend this is what it was about. Pretty much the same story over and over again. What does this have to do with education? How does this help me become a better teacher? It was crazy!!! I guess what really irritates me is I had to be away from my husband and my sorority was having a reunion for homecoming back at BG. It has been so long since I've seen some of these girls, and I can't remember the last time we where all in the same place together at the same time. I'm glad that I am finally home and am enjoying what is left of the weekend. I hope the girls had fun in BG and next year I will be there partying Phi Mu style.

No comments:

Post a Comment