January 2, 2009

It's Time For A New Year

2008 has come in gone and now is the start to 2009. I thought it would be a good time to reflect on some recent events of the holiday season and the top things I'm grateful for in my life. First the holiday season. Everyone knows that I am a fanatic when it comes to Christmas time. I love anything that has to deal with Christmas. You can find me anytime of the year watching two of my favorite Christmas classics...A Christmas Story and Christmas Vacation. I particularly enjoyed the holiday season this year because this has been the first year in a long time were I've not had to work weekends. This allowed for plenty of family time and festive holiday activities. The first annual Hallstrom/Jones cookie baking and the first annual Hallstrom Holiday Extravaganza were a few of my favorite highlights during the holiday season. Any chance I get to be with family and friends to celebrate the fun and exiting festivities is always enjoyable. I always hold Christmas time very special and close to my heart because it is such a warm, happy, and cozy time of the year. It is a chance to be with family, friends, and all of those who I love and hold dear to my heart. It is also a time, in-spite the rush of things in everyday life, were everyone seems to be in good spirits and can always find a smile or laugh. Christmas is in fact the most wonderful time of the year. I had a wonderful holiday season and am looking forward to what 2009 will bring.




With the start of the new year I want to write what I am thankful for and cherish in my life.

* God
* My wonderful husband
* My family
* Our cute puppy Sloopy
* Our house
* Finally having a teaching job!
* All of the blessings that have happened this year and the many more to come in 2009

There are many more things that I am grateful for but these are at the top of my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment