October 30, 2009

Oh Goodness..

I thought that it had only been a week since my last post, but apparently it's been two. I've been super busy with school and what not and had no idea how much time has passed. It seems right now that school is consuming all of my time this year and I am constantly working on stuff at home and doing some planning. It comes with the job and a teacher's work never seems to be done. Speaking of work. Can I just say I love my kids in my class this year. They are a great group who always keep me laughing and they are always eager to learn. It's nice to have such a great class and I am proud of the compliments they get from other teachers. It makes you feel good as a teacher. I'm glad that the class is great because lately there has been drama going on at school. It feels like at times that some of the people I work worth are not professional and act like junior kids. We are 20, 30 and 40 year old individuals who are educators, can't we be professional about things? I've already been through junior high and high school, I don't want my work place to feel like one to. I had to vent briefly about that because it's getting a bit ridiculous lately. Again, so thankful I have a great class. Today was a long day at school. It wasn't all bad and it was fun celebrating our harvest party in our class. We can't call it a Halloween party or have Halloween things, it has to be harvest. It's the only holiday we aren't allowed to do at my school. I'm just glad we can do Christmas!
When I haven't been busy with school I've tried to relax a little and do some other fun activities. I hosted a Longaberger party last weekend and am glad to purchase a new basket with the hostess rewards I got. I think the baskets are really neat and am exited about the super cute Christmas collection. Ok, I get excited about anything Christmas. So with it being Longaberger it makes it that much better. We also passed out candy to the trick-or-treaters last night and we even dressed Sloopy up. He wasn't to happy with us but he was super cute.



I always love passing out candy and seeing all the creative and cute costumes the kids have. My favorite this year was a one year old who was dressed as Nemo. So stinking cute this little girl was! I can't wait for the day when I have kids to take trick-or-treating.
With school and everything else going on I feel I've not had the chance to talk to some of my friends and am hoping to catch up this weekend. I miss my girls and hope to see them soon. I also am looking forward to watching what will hopefully be a shutout with the Buckeye game tomorrow and an early birthday celebration on Sunday with my parents. Chris baked my favorite funfetti cake in preparation for Sunday tonight. Love it! So here's hoping to a great weekend and a fresh start on Monday. My birthday is on Thursday and we are going to the Penn State game this weekend with a bunch of friends. It's going to be a great week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment