November 14, 2009

Christmas is Coming!

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, and I love it. I have always been rather obsessed with Christmas and this time of the year I always start to get giddy and excited like a little girl. The stores are starting to decorate and the lights are starting to go up. It is and always will be the most wonderful time of the year. Last night Chris and I decided to kick of the Christmas season a little early by going to so A Christmas Story Play performed by an area high school. A Christmas Story is my all time favorite movie and I was super excited to see the play. Before we went I knew it was going to be good, but I thought being a high school performance that it wouldn't be to elaborate or extravagant. Boy was I wrong! The school rocked it out. The set was amazing, the costumes and props were amazing, and the actors did a fantastic job. I was thoroughly impressed with the gentleman who played Ralphie as an adult who is the narrator. That kid had to learn a whole book of lines. He was present in every scene and had at least one line in every scene as well as numerous monologues throughout the performance. It was a fantastic show and a great way to kick off the holiday season. After the show we went to Graters to have peppermint stick ice cream and drove downtown to look at the Christmas lights. It was great, and what could be just as good as last night? The Buckeye victory, which made them the outright Big 10 champs and a spot at the Rose Bowl. Great evening, great game, and a great weekend so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment