January 24, 2010

My New Favorite Thing +

I thought I would never say this, but my new favorite thing to do is work out. I've been wanting to loose some weight and start working out but could never seem to find the funds to do so or didn't know where I should go. For Christmas Chris and I received a membership to our local YMCA from his aunt. Problem solved! We were so gracious for her gift and immediately signed up. The Y is really nice and I love all the diversity of the classes and machines they have. We've not used the competition pool yet which is equipped with a water slide. I do however see that in the near future! We signed up for a class that teaches us a new set of machines each week and designs a workout plan for us. I don't know about you, but I have no idea how to even attempt half the machines. This class has been great and now I don't look like a fool when I try to use them. We go as often as we can and today's workout was awesome. 45 minutes of cardio followed by some strength lifting for legs and arms. I'm ready to go back tomorrow and I feel this becoming an addiction. A workout addiction isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'm ready to hop back onto my favorite machine the elliptical and get at another session of cardio.

No comments:

Post a Comment