April 7, 2010

Enjoying the Break

Spring break has been very enjoyable and relaxing. Easter was nice at my aunt and uncles house. It has been years since I've been there and it was neat to see their Koi pond accompanied by a huge frog.


Chris and I participated in an Easter egg hunt with the little cousins and enjoyed some yummy food. It was the first holiday spent without grandpa and even though he wasn't with us, we enjoyed each other's company.
The rest of the week so far has been spent working on the outside of the house. We painted the front posts, added a fresh coat of paint to the front door, planted some bushes that I can't wait to bloom, and set up the back patio furniture. Chris was able to grill out for the first time tonight and it was yummy.

I also enjoyed spending the day with a friend I've not seen in a while. Going out to lunch and shopping was some much needed girl time. I wish my closest friends lived closer. I don't get to see them very often and absolutely love when I do. Nothing much is planned for the rest of the spring break and that's fine with me. It's been nice having the week off with Chris to relax, distress, and spend some quality time with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment