June 19, 2010

Vacation has Begun!

Vacation has begun! We left at 8:00 this morning and spent the day driving. The morning did not start off so well because I had a case of nausea. I thought I could work through it but as soon as we hit Nelsonville we had to make an emergency stop at McDonald's so I could pay a visit to the porcelain god. Talk about embarrassing--getting sick in a busy restaurant restroom and coming out of the stall with two old ladies looking at you like you have a disease or something. Hey, I'm pregnant, not sick or drunk, ladies. Calm down. After that bout of sickness the rest of the drive went great. I loved driving through the mountains and it's been years since I've experienced the twists, turns, ups, downs, and runaway lanes for out of control semis. The drive went well and after several stops we made it to North Carolina. We are staying in a nice hotel in Archdale for the night before heading the rest of the way to Myrtle Beach in the morning. I'm glad we broke the driving up into two days because I don't think Peanut would have allowed me to comfortably sit in the car much longer. Eight hours was the limit today. Tomorrow is supposed to take about six. So it's been a low key day of sorts and tomorrow I will be posting from the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment