June 24, 2010

Yummy Vacation Eateries

These past couple of days have been relaxing and enjoyable. Despite being burnt from the sun we've managed to make the best of it and enjoy our vacation. I guess no matter how many times you apply sunscreen, the ocean does not seem to like it, thus causing major sunburn. I even think that the sun seeped under our umbrella because I feel more burnt then yesterday. After our beach adventure we headed to a fun restaurant called The Giant Crab.

It's a huge seafood buffet that also offers numerous other selections. I decided to venture out and have some crab. I've not had crab since I was little and at the time I did not care for it. Last night however, it was rather yummy. It could just be a pregnancy craving and who knows, a couple months from now I might not like it anymore.
Today Chris and I got up early to watch the sunrise on the beach. The sun is such a beautiful sight to see when rising over the ocean. This is one of the times I willingly got up at 5:30 in the morning to make sure we saw the sun rise in time. It was gorgeous and romantic to be out on the beach listening to the waves crash in and the sun peeking through the clouds. A great way to start a day!



After sunrise we rested some more and decided because of our burns to not spend the day on the beach today. We relaxed and then everyone went shopping and out to dinner. We went to this place called Carolina Roadhouse and Chris and the others ordered the Killer Dog. It was a foot long hot dog piled high with cheese, chili, onions, fries, and mustard. It was definitely a killer dog!
     
You can't even see the hot dog under all the toppings! Chris managed to tackle the dog and ate it all. I don't think he will be eating anything else for a while! 



When our yummy dinner was over we took a car ride along the beach to digest and take in all the sights of the hotels. When we got back Chris tackled the waves on his boogie board. I decided to watch. It was really high tide and the wind finally made it cool down for the day. Despite the waves, numerous people were out and even a guy doing some wind surfing.


 He lost his board once but managed to make his way back to get it. It's been a relaxing evening and after packing up and watching the sun set we will head to bed and prepare for the drive to Washington D.C. tomorrow. I've not been there since 8th grade and it will be nice to see the city again. 



1 comment:

  1. That chili dog looks frightening and delicious. Sounds like you all had a great time (minus the sun burning part). I'm really hoping the oil spill doesn't lurk up the east coast by the time I go there in August. Where did you guys stay?

    ReplyDelete